Location: Springfield, MA Type: [Salary + bonus] Min. Experience: Entry to Mid-level
Waterdog Technologies is a new breed of IT distributor. Founded by the owner of one of the fastest growing MSPs in the country, Waterdog is out to turn IT distribution on its head by making the profitability and success of its MSPs its primary objective. What sets us apart from other IT distribution companies is that instead of selling hundreds of each solution, we pre-vet the options out there and select only the best IT product in each solution category to sell and back up with in-house support.
As a candidate, you must be determined and passionate about success. This position offers a very strong salary/compensation package, enormous room for growth and killer benefits, but you must be willing to work your ass off to earn it. If you have ever wanted to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing startup, here is your chance!
- Work independently, with guidance available as needed
- Generate business by uncovering, pursuing, and responding to new and existing customers and opportunities.
- Assist throughout each stage of the business capture process: Request for Information, Request for Proposal, and Request for Quote.
- Demonstrate success in identifying, targeting, negotiating and winning profitable business.
- Work collaboratively to analyze and report on market trends and competitive activities.
- Sales efforts to meet revenue targets.
- Maintain and develop existing accounts through individual support and by coordinating account activities internal to the organization.
- Cultivate and attend partner events to grow the contact base.
- Provide weekly reports of sales activities.
- Analytical skills and disciplines in support of business planning, strategy development / deployment, relationship management and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to form and maintain good relationships with Customer Representatives at all levels.
- Proven track record in providing excellent customer service.
- Continuous education and growth as a sales expert
- Process sales orders and invoices
- Travel opportunities both regional and national
- Bachelors in Business, Marketing or related field with a high level of extracurricular activities. In lieu of a degree, a minimum three years business-to-business sales experience (selling technology solutions preferred). Veterans encouraged to apply.
- Superb communication skills and the ability to talk with tech savvy customers
- Success breeds success. Must have a proven track record of developing and closing business or be able to clearly explain how you will create this.
- Strong business acumen
- Solid computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), must be able to navigate CRM systems
- Financial competency – ability to understand what makes a good deal and fundamental business metrics
- Accomplished in the following: relationship building, communication, collaboration, conflict management, organizational skills and multi-tasking (Being totally awesome at Trivial Pursuit, underwater basket weaving and paintball also can’t hurt)
- Willing to fail, thus you must be willing to take chances and willing to succeed!
- Reliable as a Lab Retriever. We need to count on you!
- You believe you would win “The Hunger Games”
- Do the right thing, damn it!
- Fiery passion for life
- A good sense of humor
Think you are capable of being part of the Waterdog pack? Send us an email, along with your resume, three facts about you that aren’t on your resume, three reasons you think you should work for Waterdog, three questions you have for us, and your favorite dog, barnyard animal and adult beverage.
(Please also include a cover letter, resume, and three references your email to success at waterdogtech dot com.)